When people count on you, you can’t afford to slip. You need precision, control and confidence to make a great stop on ice when it counts. Share your videos from the rink with the hashtags #Bridgestone and #GreatStopsPromo. Your stop could be featured on the Great Stop Highlight Reel on the big screen at the 2016 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® on Jan. 1st.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Bridgestone Official Tire of Great Stops campaign is open to Canadian residents. Share video on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Vimeo using #bridgestone and #greatstopspromo by December 18, 2015. Up to 1 – 2 videos per week selected to be displayed on any one or more of Bridgestone Facebook page and Bridgestone microsite and the possibility to be featured on the NHL Facebook page, in the sole discretion of Bridgestone and the NHL. In addition, up to 4 videos will be displayed on the Jumbotron during the 2016 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic, video not required to have first appeared on a Facebook page or microsite. Video selection based on hockey stop that best shows the fun and joy of hockey. For full details, see www.bridgestonegreatstops.ca
1) Campaign Period: 12:00 a.m. ET on December 10, 2015 to 11:59 p.m. ET on December 18, 2015.
2) Eligibility: No purchase necessary. Open to residents of Canada. Professional hockey players not eligible. Minors may only participate if he/she has consent from his/her parent/legal guardian, who agrees to these rules on the minor’s behalf. Employees, representatives and agents of Bridgestone Canada Inc. (“BSCA”), its advertising and promotions agencies, including BIMM Management Inc., and its and their affiliated companies, judges, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to participate
3) How to Participate: To participate, share your great stops video on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Vimeo using #bridgestone and #greatstopspromo (“Share”). Videos must comply with Video Content Guidelines (see below) and be Shared by end of Campaign Period to be eligible. There is no limit to the number of videos you may Share, but each video must be materially different, otherwise all videos Shared are ineligible.
4) Prizes and Judging Criteria: BSCA or its designee will select videos of hockey stops that best demonstrate the fun and joy of hockey. Up to 1- 2 videos will be chosen every week during the Campaign Period to be displayed via any one or more of the Bridgestone Facebook page and Bridgestone microsite and the possibility to be displayed via the NHL’s Facebook Page. Up to 4 videos (video not required to have first appeared on a Facebook page or microsite), or any portion thereof, will be displayed on the Jumbotron at Gillette Stadium during the 2016 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic on January 1, 2016 in Foxborough, Massachusetts. The selection of the videos, or portions thereof, to be displayed on the Jumbotron will take place at BIMM offices at 36 Distillery Lane, Suite 300, Toronto, ON M5A 3C4 on December 19, 2015. To ensure your video can be viewed, your social media account must be set to share publicly. The opportunity for the video to be displayed on any site and/or the Jumbotron does not have any monetary value.
5) Video Content Guidelines:
•The main subject of the video must be you or a child for whom you are the parent or legal guardian.
•You must have all rights to submit the video. The video must not be owned, taken or edited by a professional photographer.
No part of the video may have been copied or otherwise plagiarized from any source.
•Video must be truthful in all material respects; excessive use of video-editing software is strictly prohibited.
•Video must not depict any recognizable person for whom you do not have consent to include in a video for this Campaign, including any celebrity, athlete, musician, or other public or private figure. Video must also not include any information that would identify an individual (e.g. name, contact information) for whom you do not have the right to include in a video for this Campaign.
•Video must not depict alcohol, tobacco, drugs or firearms or contain material that is indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, offensive, unlawful or otherwise inappropriate or not relevant to the Campaign.
•Video must comply with the terms and conditions of the social media platform where video is Shared.
•Other than incidental team sponsor logos on jerseys or background advertising on rink boards, video must not deliberately contain advertisements, personal or commercial solicitations, or political or irrelevant statements.
•Any video containing any intellectual property of a third party for whom you do not have rights to include in video for purposes of Sharing in this Campaign (including in particular any recognizable trade-mark/logo not owned by Official NHL Sponsors for North America or copyright to music) or any video containing any information that may identify a third party person in the video, may result in the intellectual property (including trade-mark/logo/brand name/slogan/copyright) and personally identifiable information, as applicable, being edited out by BSCA or may result in the video not being selected altogether.
BSCA has sole discretion to determine whether a video complies with the Video Content Guidelines. Any video deemed inappropriate or not relevant by BSCA for any reason will not be selected to appear on Bridgestone Facebook page, the NHL’s Facebook page, the Bridgestone microsite or the Jumbotron. Chances of a video being selected for appearance on any of the above depend on the number of eligible videos and the how well the video meets the judging criteria relative to the other videos. Only videos submitted in compliance with these rules are eligible to be selected
6) General: By Sharing your video using #bridgestone and #greatstopspromo, you are choosing to participate in this Campaign and you grant to BSCA and its affiliates a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute, and display your video, in any media, and the right to use, copy, modify, edit, and create derivative works therefrom, including the right to post your video (or a portion thereof) online and/or on the Jumbotron at the 2016 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic or to use in any other advertising for BSCA and you waive any moral rights to copyright in favour of BSCA and its affiliates. You shall have no right to review or approve edits, alterations, or modifications, and you may not be notified prior to your video being posted. You agree that if your video is chosen to appear on the Jumbotron, you will provide the full name and age of your subject in the video and consent to the disclosure of such information on the video itself when displayed. If requested by BSCA, you (or your parent/legal guardian if you are a minor) agree to execute any document confirming such right and license, without additional compensation of any kind. If you shared your video using #bridgestone and #greatstopspromo but do not want to participate in the promotion for any reason, please advise the Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org with sufficient details so we can identify the video you do not want included.
7) By Sharing your video you agree to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of BSCA, which are final and binding on anyone Sharing a video. BSCA reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend the Campaign for any reason. BSCA, and its affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and marketing agencies and social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo) used in this Campaign, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents (collectively, “Releasees”), are not responsible for any injury or damage or other liability relating to the Campaign. By Sharing your video, you hold Releasees harmless against any and all claims and liability relating to the Campaign and you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these rules and are fully familiar with its contents and are compliant with these rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, BSCA reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8) Any dispute will be resolved in the courts of the Province of Ontario. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and the French language versions of the Campaign Rules, the English version shall prevail. For residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity campaign may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
9) Sponsor: Bridgestone Canada Inc., 5770 Hurontario St, Suite 400, Mississauga, Ontario, L5R 3G5 Canada. Administrator is BIMM Management Inc., 36 Distillery Lane, Suite 300, Toronto, ON M5A 3C4. The Campaign is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any particular social media company and any questions or comments about Campaign must be directed to Sponsor or BIMM, and not a social media company.
Bridgestone Canada Inc. and its affiliates thank you for accessing or using this website.
You may find links to other websites or third-party applications (such as Bing Maps®) on our website. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OR PRIVACY PRACTICES OF OTHER WEBSITES OR THIRD-PARTY APPLICATIONS. These third-party websites and applications may collect information through processes that we do not control. Please consult the privacy policies or privacy notices of those other websites and applications for information on their privacy practices.
Mail. You may contact us by mail. Please address your correspondence to:
Privacy Officer Bridgestone Canada Inc. 5770 Hurontario Street, Suite 400 Mississauga, Ontario L5R 3G5. Telephone. (905) 568-6534
1. Personal Information Personal information includes your name, address, age, telephone number, email address and other information that could identify you or that is specific to you. It generally does not include your business contact information if you are using our website for business purposes.
2. Commercial Electronic Messages A commercial electronic message is a message sent to your email or other electronic address from us that invites you to participate in a commercial activity. For example, it includes a message that promotes our business (including a business of our affiliates) or offers you a product or service.
3. Information Collection
We collect information from you at several different points and ways on this website.
(a) Information that you provide. An online account or registration is required to register your tires or participate in certain promotions and contests or other features of this website. If you create an account or register, you will be asked to provide information about yourself. This will include your name, address, email address and other contact information. We use this information to contact you in connection with your product registration, the promotion or contest you have entered or another feature of the website that you have registered to use.
Our website may permit you to review a product. Before you post a review, you will be required to provide your name, email address location or you will be asked to log into a social media account. We do this to validate your identity and communicate with you about your review. If you connect with us by following one of our social media accounts, such as Facebook or Twitter, or post a message or content to one of our social media pages or accounts, we will collect information that you disclose to us through that social media. This information includes your user name, your profile information, the content of your post, and other information you disclose to us. You can control the information you disclose to us by adjusting the privacy settings of the social media accounts through which you follow or communicate with us.
We may also use your personal information to send you commercial electronic messages. We may send you a commercial electronic message in a number of circumstances, including if:
• You sign up to receive newsletters or promotional materials or you enter a contest;
• To respond to you if you have made a request for information from us or sent us a communication;
• We are providing warranty or product quality information;
• It is related to your account subscription with us;
• It is necessary to provide you with or is related to a service or information you have requested from us;
• You expressly consent to receiving commercial electronic messages;
• You have an existing business or non-business relationship with us; or
• Other situations where we are permitted to communicate with you with your implied or express consent.
If you wish to post pictures or other material to our website, we collect the information you send to us for that purpose.
You may also communicate with us through our “Contact Us” feature or by email. If you communicate with us, we collect information about you that you provide to us for that purpose.
(b) Information our website automatically collects. Our website automatically collects certain information regarding your visit. When you visit our site, we collect information regarding the referring page you left before visiting our website and the website you navigate to when you leave our website. We also collect information regarding your computer type, browser type and plug-ins, language, operating system, java script enables, and date/time stamp. We collect this information so that our website displays properly on your device. We also collect city and country codes and your internet service provider (ISP). We also collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address. Your IP address is a unique numerical number that provides the location of your modem, router or device so that information can be routed properly to your device.
We also collect and log information on how you use our website. We collect clickstream data. This is data on what features of our website you used. For example, we collect information when you click on a page, enter a search query, use our “Contact Us” feature, email us, or click on an advertisement featured on or linked to our website.
We also use “cookies” and similar technologies on certain pages of our website. We collect this data to help us analyze our website flow, website performance, and content structure. “Cookies” are small files that are installed on your device to record information and to transmit it to us. These files assist us in recognizing you, such as when you log into your account.
(a) Internal Use. In addition to the uses described above, we use your personal information:
• To process your requests, such as providing you with information and updates that you request, to permit you to register your tires, to allow you to post a review, or providing you with access to a webpage or feature of our website;
• To prepopulate information so that you do not have to enter it more than once;
• To help you find information and services;
• To understand the general marketplace and the interests of visitors to our website;
• To research and test improvements to our marketing and promotional efforts and to our website, including the content and layout of our website;
• To monitor and preserve the integrity and security of our website, such as to monitor traffic, to administer our systems, to troubleshoot problems, and to detect attempts at unauthorized access or modification of our website or systems.
We may identify you in connection with certain services or features of this website. For example, we may identify you by vehicle/tire ownership to provide you with information on related products and/or promotions.
We will retain your information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected. We may also retain your information for a longer period if it is necessary for us to comply with laws governing the retention of records, whichever is longer or to protect our legal rights. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE STORED OR USED OUTSIDE OF CANADA. Although we require our affiliates and third-party service providers to provide comparable levels of security for your information as would be provided under Canadian law, your personal information will be subject to the laws of foreign jurisdictions which may be less protective than those in Canada.
We share or reserve the right to share de-identified, aggregated or statistical information to third parties for use by those third parties. We may also disclose identifiable information about you in a number of situations where required or permitted by law. For example, we may disclose personal information:
• In connection with a merger, acquisition or reorganization or in connection with due diligence for a possible transaction;
• To enforce our legal rights, including to protect the integrity and stability of our website and systems or if we believe that the information relates to a contravention or threatened contravention of a federal, provincial or territorial law;
• To comply with a subpoena or warrant issued or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information;
• To comply with rules of court relating to the production of records;
• To a governmental institution or law enforcement agency that requests the information if the governmental institution has identified its lawful authority and requests the information for the purpose of investigating, administering or enforcing any federal, provincial or territorial law of Canada or investigating or enforcing a law of a foreign jurisdiction.
We use administrative, technical and physical procedures to protect your personal information. Our policy is to grant access to your personal information only to employees and service providers who require access for the purpose of their responsibilities. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE COMPLETE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
You have a number of choices regarding how we use your personal information.
(a) Commercial Electronic Messages – Opt-Out. You may change your communication preferences by using the “Contact Us” feature of our website or using one of the alternative methods to contact us to tell us that you do not wish to receive promotional material from us. You may also unsubscribe from our commercial electronic messages by using the unsubscribe function in our message. Please note that, at present, not all of our commercial electronic messages have an unsubscribe feature.
(b) Cookies and other Tracking Technologies. You may change your browser settings to block “cookies” and similar technologies from our website. Please note that not all functions on this website will work as intended if you block cookies. Also, please note that we will still collect information from other aspects of your use of our website. You may also visit www.aboutads.info/choices to opt out of certain third-party cookies that may track your online behaviour.
(c) Access to Your Personal Information. You may contact us to request access to the personal information that we have collected about you. Please contact the Privacy Officer to make your request. Please note that we may require additional information to identify you for security purposes. We may also charge a fee depending on the scope of your request.
(d) Correction to Your Personal Information or Withdrawal of Consent. Please use the “Contact Us” feature of this website if you would like to correct any personal information that you have provided us or if you would like to close your account or otherwise withdraw your consent to the collection of personal information about you. If you are not satisfied with our response, please contact the Privacy Officer by any of the means listed above under “Our Privacy Officer”. Please note that we may still be required or entitled to retain personal information about you that we have already collected in accordance with our retention practices. We may decline requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, that would be extremely impractical or otherwise to the extent allowed by applicable law.